Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day 40: big pants and slow beat


This picture reflects how I'm feeling this morning. It's not nostalgia for gone fat or embarrassment of the way old trousers fit. Evidently I need new pants as I'm sure most of you do too now that we start to look bagged rather than dressed. Results are encouraging, however subtle they might be. This morning I noticed my skin was tighter over my ribs, which are begining to really show on the sides of my torso. This is so cool. It reminds me of how I looked 15 years ago when I was in high school. Pelvic bones are also popping out and I'm seeing some muscle lines in my upper legs that are proof of the intense leg exercises we've been doing. So, big pants, no problem! The problem is that this week I'm not feeling the same energy thrust propelling me through the days. I feel in fact weak and not really in a good mood. I'm having to split the workout (jump before breakfast and workout before dinner). Before, I used to have enough battery life to do the whole routine at once. I'm curious to know whether any of you are feeling similarly. I notice the frequency of posting is slighly decreased. Certainly doing more with less carbs must tax our energy levels somewhat. But I'm not feeling hungry at all. Maybe I would like to be explained why apples for dinner and not any other fruit (I'm beginning to get bored with just apples), but other than that, portions are OK. Before I look anywhere else for an explanation, I want to make sure I understand the side effects of changes introduced this week in our diet plans and workout routines.

OK, done with the whining for the day. Put on a scale, results weigh far more than these occasional discomforts. I will have a mini-break this weekend. Leaving Friday night with the family and coming back on Tuesday night.

4 comments:

  1. I'm the opposite -- feeling starved from the afternoon until bedtime. The mornings seem to be OK --- actually I think I was less hungry yesterday then the day before. I'm wondering about the choice of apples also. Must be a reason! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same Juan. Need a burst of enthusiasm somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to THE PCP VALLEY! Oh yeah.

    ReplyDelete