Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day 33

I'm about to go home for the day. Part B of today's workout still ahead. I really hate it when I have to split my workout in two, but today I'm not exactly in a good mood and in a way I'm pleased to have some workout ahead to release some tension and untangle whatever is tangled in my head. Domestic dramas can be so intense and put off your mental balance in a way I find degrading. Having to replace a babysitter or put up with colleagues not doing their jobs should hardly have any affect whatsoever in my core state of mind. But somehow it does trigger an emotional response: frustration, anger, stress. If it wasn't for PCP, I'm sure I would have unconsciously compensated my mood by having a couple of beers and a large unhealthy meal like a pepperoni and cheese pizza. Instead, chest dips, planks, milk, egg white squats and creeps. Don't I deserve a standing ovation?

PS. I propose a poll to all of you who like me have o work at an office: count how many people are fit and divide that number by the size of the staff. I did this today in my head, guess what, the percentage of fit people in my office (including myself) is 0.95%, or 2/21. Three or four colleagues seem in fairly good shape, most are clearly overweight and three or four are really obese. Talk about Patricks staff hiring hypothesis hah!

2 comments:

  1. What --- what a low %, but I'm not surprised. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some interesting thoughts Juan. I've got 32 people in my office and I reckon that 4 are genuinely fit (i.e. commited to a healthy lifestyle). What I've also come to realise is that just because someone is not overweight, doesn't mean that they are fit and healthy - a point that we all proved when we were all losing weight but not seeing much of a physical difference. It's what's going on on the inside that counts!

    i can also feel your frustrations, good to channel them in a positive direction.

    ReplyDelete