Monday, January 17, 2011

Days 3 and 4

The slight increase of 10 jumps makes a huge difference. After day 2 I was worried, very worried, about my cardiovascular condition. I thought I wasn't going to be able to complete the day 3 routine and, to my own surprise, not only was I able to finish but I also felt my heart and lungs were more resistant. I was also feeling a lot of pain in my feet and my leg muscles, but after the workout I felt the tension eased almost completely. This morning, however, I woke up in pain again. I saw the 1 extra set of pushups and felt happy since this is so far my favourite. This morning I felt I gained speed at the rope! After jumping, the tension in my legs went away. I couldn't do the lunges without breaks and the last pushup took all my energy and strength. Abs were less painful.

Food-wise I'm also quite impressed to see the experiment working. So far I've had no problem with eating half what I used to. I know Patrick's prediction that after day four things get more demanding in this regard, will surely hit me. But by today I feel ready to accept and overcome this mental challenge.

I do want to know more about coffee, tea and water. I usually have a large cup of black coffee without sugar every morning, and then during the day, I'm served water and tea in my desk. Should I also cut this in half?

By the way, I quite like Praxis as the name of our team, but of course I'm also looking forward to a democratic call on this one.

I wish you all a good week!

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you're really attacking the workouts--awesome. It is counterintuitive, but the harder they are to get through, the more good they're doing you. Also, coffee, tea, and water are all right. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Juan,

    i totally relate to your post above. As the numbers go up on reps, seems to strangely feel like it is more do-able. Think ones ability and base fitness increases quickly if you do it regularly, just gotta push through the early days and take the pain. Well done for dominating, keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wait....just wait. Keep up that optimism because you're going to need it later. Buaaajjajaa ;)

    ReplyDelete