Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 13

Week two coming to an end. I take pride in my self discipline because to be honest it's been a decade or more since I worked out two weeks in the row and kept a healthy and consisten diet. More than pride, I feel I'm enjoying myself. So far the hardest part has been squeezing in all the cooking in my routine. I haven't really felt tempted to eat any sweets or add any salt. A cold beer would be fantastic, but so far coffee, tea and water are enough. The feeling that meals are enormous remains and I have to report a zero weight loss since week one was over.

This morning I kept a close watch on breaks during the workout. I did feel a lot more burning in the muscles than in previous days.

As far as stimulus, growth and rest goes, I'd say that having a 1-year old in the house makes it difficult to guarantee long and deep sleep. But it's very good to feel the contrast: before PCP started, I used to wake up exhausted. I'm not necessarily sleeping more now than I did before, but thanks to the exercise and diet I'm waking up with a lot of energy that usually lasts through the day.

If I had time, I would definitely have a nap after lunch... I'll make time.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the beer, Juan. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All this exercise and your weight hasn't dropped.... can you tell me what's going on internally?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that you're enjoying everything Juan, I'm with you on the energy front!

    ReplyDelete