Friday, January 28, 2011

Day 14

So I stopped by the deli a couple of hours ago, thinking that perhaps I'd find salt-free, smoked turkey breast. I asked the lady to give me a thin slice to taste it and I was shocked! It was like putting a spoonful of salt in my mouth. Of course, I didn't buy it. Good for me and not too good for my friends coming over for some PCP sandwiches tonight.

Tomorrow my wife and I are attending a wedding. The couple are vegetarians, but still I'm trying to come up with a sneaky way of taking along my lunchbox. The thin slice of turkey breast (really, it wasn't thicker than 2 mm) has made me scared of salt. I'm not saying I will commit to a salt-free life, but this little experiment made me realize how much things have changed in my body chemistry over the past two weeks.

I'll toss a question about salt in the weekly question threat. And if I may suggest so, go ahead and put a few grains of salt in your tong, you'll see what I mean.

It is unlikely that I will be posting anything this weekend. My wife will most certainly take the weekly picture before heading off to the wedding party. I'll upload it on Monday and say more about how it goes with the new diet.

Wish you all a good weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like your palate is coming back to life. Good news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had a similar experience with smoked salmon... so salty! wondering what you ate at the wedding?

    ReplyDelete