Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 69

Tough days. Last night I was drained and couldn't bring myself to jumping. Did the rest though, successfully.I have been doing the elevated push ups since some time now and I really think chest exercises are my strongest point. Legs, v-seats, abs in general except for planks, and arms come next (seeing your veins and so much definition of biceps and triceps is so cool), and back and shoulder exercises remain very challenging but I'm keeping up.

I won't lie to myself: I could say that all the cycling yesterday made up for skipping the jump rope. If I thought this was true, either I would stop riding the bicycle home-work-home(lunch)-work-home, or I would stop the jumping. Not a chance!

The new diet is messing with my mind. I feel very hungry just half an hour after lunch. The afternoon tea (yogurt and egg white) hardly satiate or ameliorate the starving sensation. So by the time I start the workout (7pm) I feel I have no energy. Then dinner fills me up more than I'd like, partly because of the carbs and partly because I'm having to add the post workout egg white and yogurt to my dinner; otherwise I'd simply never go to bed. And finally, my favourite meal of the day apart from breakfast, the evening snack. So I end up going to bed at around 11, which is not bad, but since the carbs were re-introduced the quality of my sleep has been affected. Last night was perhaps the first exception of the week.

I suppose this is all part of readjusting to what our diets from here on should be like. But somehow I miss the days when dinner was just an apple, an egg white and a glass of milk.

Aside from all the above, I wanted to say that I'm past the point of feeling good about being able to tell how much weight I've lost or how much I've trimmed my body by the size of my clothes. None of my pants fit right anymore since the past three weeks. My shirts look as if they were passed on from an older brother (which is impossible considering I'm the older one), my boxers are good for dressing up like a clown in haloween and my belts are ornamental at most. My wife likes this baggy appearance and I have said to myself that new clothes should be a kind of troffe I shouldn't get my hands on until the game is over. I guess this is part of the grim enthusiasm, so I'll wait.

1 comment:

  1. I miss the apple, egg white & milk dinners also Sounds like you're doing great --- the clothes are proof!

    ReplyDelete