Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 67

There's no correlation between the frequency of my latest posts and PCP performance. If anything, the opposite is true. Not that I'm working out so much I don't find time to drop a few lines in here -in fact I'm managing to do my workout sessions in under an hour. But office work, running again to the hospital with our son who had a high fever last week (he's all better now), and just trying to fully unplug and get a good rest over the weekend, altogether delayed this entry.

Last night the pull ups and the KF abs were all done right for the first time. I felt a very satisfying tension in my back as the muscles contracted that I had never experienced before in my life. Changes are starting to surface in my back and lower abs. Perhaps it's more the feel and the awareness of inner strength and muscle than the looks, but it feels fantastic.

I'm committed to the bicycle as my new means of transport. No more using the car or taking taxis. The distance between home and my office is 3 kilometres, roughly. And while I used to walk several times a week, I'm discouraged by the constant raining and the fact that it takes up more time than I care to spend. The bicycle ride is 10 minutes, sometimes less, and I now have this cool raincoat that folds into a pocket size bag and a cycling backpack that comes with a dry sac you can put over it if it's raining. So, no matter the weather, I'm keeping this good habit. It makes sense on so many other levels like being the most eco-friendly way to move around town, etc. I usually go home at noon, have lunch and come back to work, so it's 4 x 3 kilometres a day, which is not bad!

Carbs, I'm sure if the dose was upped there is good reason for it. However, I notice I was sleeping better before and I'm wondering if instead of having the 50g of carbs at dinner, I could add those to the evening snack or add them to my lunch (that perhaps is too much at once). But having carbs at dinner somehow is not making me happier.

I have yet to have this week's photo taken and uploaded. Will do this tonight and upload it tomorrow.

On to read your posts, go have some lunch and try to stay focus on a couple of reports that must go out by COB today. Oh dear! Office work, can there be a more degrading way to spend a day? My wife came up with a thought the other day that was as liberating as it was frustrating: there should be a machine that transcribes what you are thinking directly into the final draft. Not to sound lazy, but I do think the brain is mightier than the pen (and therefore mightier than the sword).

2 comments:

  1. Wow - sounds like things are going well for you! The biking sounds awesome. Hope your son stays well --- that is a weight I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sleep issues will resolve themselves in a few more days.

    ReplyDelete