Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day 60

Busy week, but doing well.
I'm trying to focus on total workout times. Since day 50 I noticed I wasn't hitting the one-hour target, often spending as much as an hour and a half. But since Saturday this is starting to change. Last night it took me 58 minutes, including the rope jumps. Things are getting tough but results speak for themselves: relatives, friends and colleagues are thrown by how lean and healthy I'm looking. Today, despite the ever changing weather of Bogota, I decided to start using my bicycle again. It was so full of dust and rust and the tires were low on air. Still I kind of cleaned it and rode to a bicycle shop near my office for maintenance. New and lighter tires for city streets are excellent, rims straightened, breaks and transmission working as good as new. I was amazed at how strong my legs felt. It's been years since I last rode but I do remember feeling some soreness after just a little pedalling. Today it was a different story, I mostly rode using the hardest gear for speed and it felt fantastic, as if suddenly I had superpowers. I guess I'm gonna start experimenting more because the basis for tracking progress has so far been the PCP workouts. Putting to test this new body will be quite an adventure. I had been thinking so much about getting a motorcycle. I won't deny I still want one and find riding incredibly fun, but the bicycle makes so much more sense!

4 comments:

  1. Bikes are great!!! I need to try it also! Yes, you are looking lean and strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a difference in your pictures from day one until your most recent!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the bicycle is probably better, but motorcycles are awesome. I want a scooter myself. You look really great Juan and you are so disciplined. I know you are going to finish at the top of your game. Terrific work, keep it going!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good dude. All those pistol squats will have a direct and immediate influence on cycling.

    ReplyDelete